Saturday, January 28, 2006

Sweetpea

Oh, man. The world changed a little bit today. Sweetbaby James Taylor is now a proud daddy. This morning his lovely wife, Heather, had their baby, an 8 lb., 4 oz. little boy that they have named Joshua David.

James is my oldest friend, one of the people closer to me than anyone else in the world. And how weird it is to think that he now has a kid! I mean, it was weird when I realized that all of my closest friends are now married, but the idea that there's a lil' baby version of James that'll be biting ankles in a matter of months... it's kind of a lot to absorb.

Still, however strange it is to think about right now, I'm very, very proud of my Bubby and I am determined to help him be an absolutely fantastic father. And I'm very much looking forward to being Sweetpea's doting "Unkie Dave".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home