Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Ummm... Maybe.

Character Analysis of: DAVE

You are a conformist who likes to do the 'right thing'. Sudden change in your day-to-day environment unsettles you, leading to insecurity if protracted. Likely to see complex issues as black or white rather than shades of grey. [I definitely do like to do the "right thing." I just tend to have some unusual ideas about what it means to do the right thing. My initial reaction to the last sentence was to disagree. But the more I think about it, I do tend to resolve my ideas about issues into black and white - they may start out as "grey," and I may have my own way of thinking about them, but they do usually get sorted out.]

You like to surprise people especially when they start to think that they understand you. You possess a good sense of humour, delighting most in witty jokes or stories which have a 'slice-oflife' flavour to them. This trait may be an asset to you in dealing with problems or pressure. It gives you the ability to see the 'other' side of something seemingly serious. [This is definitely right on target. I love to catch people off-guard and I love to tell stories. My sense of humor is tremendously useful in keeping things in perspective. And I also like to think that I do a pretty good job of seeing multiple perspectives, even if I'm not necessarily persuaded to change my own mind.]

If some people can be described as 'very materialistic' then you represent the ultimate opposite. No amount of wealth or rich possessions could tempt you away from your desire to live as you wish. For you, happiness is built on spiritual foundations; some people with this trait may occasionally be a bit naive. [Absolutely.]

Others find you non-hostile and easy to approach. This is due mainly to the image you project of being receptive to others. This does not mean that you suffer fools or enemies gladly - merely that you give them a chance. Those who willingly wish ill against you, or mistake your receptive manner as weakness, are soon stunned by your rebuke when you find out about them. [This is definitely what I'd like to believe about myself... but I don't know if it's always true in practice. Depending on when someone sees me, they may not think I'm that easy to approach. The rest of it? Right on. So don't piss me off. ;-)]

Much of what we become is formed in the early years of our life by our parents and family. When you were young your mother was always there for you: very loving, generous, and warm. She put her family first, before all else, and you respect her greatly. Surprisingly, this has not been a major factor in shaping your character and the person you are today. Other major factors in your childhood or adult life have been more influential on you! [This sounds about right. For all of my jokes about Mama Roland, she is a wonderful, amazingly caring person and I respect her immensely for that. But I agree with the report that her influence on my own development has been limited.]

You do/did not know your father deeply, but perceive him as an uncomplicated person. He was (or still is?) a lovable, jolly dad. He was normally there when you needed him most. This has had some affect in the past on forming your character. Parental traits, affecting how you like to deal with life, come from your father (a little) but more from other factors. [Hmmm... It's true that I don't feel like I know my dad deeply, but I do think of him as somewhat complicated. He's definitely lovable, but "jolly" isn't a word that I'd use to describe him. He can be kind of gruff and distant. My sisters tell me that they see some of his personality in my own, although I don't know that I see the same thing. Still, their perspective is probably superior to my own in that regard. The biggest thing that I've inherited from my dad is his fierce sense of loyalty. One of my friends in college once said I was "more loyal than any dog" (not particularly a compliment in that context, either), and that's something that I come by honestly.]

Your picture indicates that your mother and father were very close to each other. [For the most part, I think this is accurate.]

You can be very introspective, often thinking deeply about life and it's purpose. Your picture indicates you possess a major capacity for reflecting on a variety of subjects especially on philosophical or possibly emotional issues. You posses a strong belief in at least one specific discipline: religion, sexual equality, science, animal rights, politics etc. [I dunno. Has anyone ever known me to be introspective or reflective on philosophical, religious, scientific, political, or egalitarian ideas?]

Although you have suggested in your picture that you are someonethat prefers a stable affectionate relationship rather than a mad sensational fling, it may not be entirely true. Your libido appears to be repressed - this may be due to immaturity: are you fairly young? If not then what your picture depicts is true and you will always need understanding, closeness, and warmth in your shared experiences with a partner. [I think this is true, although there have been occasional "mad sensational flings" here and there.]

You do not appear to be ambitious but you're able to work hard to maintain a balanced life-style. However, you have a tendency to avoid confrontation too quickly when faced with obstacles in your way. [I kind of disagree here. I am definitely ambitious, but I don't desire acheivement for acheivement's sake. I would like to maintain a balanced lifestyle, but I'm also willing to sacrifice an awful lot in pursuit of my goals. I avoid confrontation more frequently than some of my readers will realize, but I'm absolutely willing to stand my ground when I feel like it's useful or necessary.]

Summary of other traits and personal tastes:
-----------------------------------------------
Decision making: Plays safe - avoids taking chances. [In some senses, maybe. But I also roll the dice a good bit.]
Day-dreams most of : Travel or escapism. [Yeah.]
Worst Nightmares of: Guilt, being hunted/chased, being watched. [I don't know. I don't remember many nightmares.]
General Outlook: Balanced - between pessimism & optimism. [My closest friends frequently refer to me as "the eternal optimist," although I also have a strong practical side as well.]

1 Comments:

At 4:14 PM, Blogger crazykarl7 said...

This program does surprisingly well for what you put into it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home