Saturday, January 28, 2006

Oh, and Sometimes I'm a Butthead

Tiger and I had a fight this week. And it really was all my fault, but it took me a long time to recognize that. Things are fine now, but I still feel pretty bad about it, because I never want to be that guy, know what I mean? And there I was, being that guy.

Compounding the issue is the realization that part of the reason I was (unwittingly) being a butthead is that my long-standing commitment issues are rearing their ugly heads. I love being around Tiger and spending time with her - she is absolutely wonderful - but every so often something pops up from my subconscious that tries to derail our relationship. I hate that. It's not something that I want to happen, and it makes me kind of mad at myself that I have so little control over it because it's totally not fair to her. We've talked about it and we're trying to work through it. The fact that she's willing to put up with me even when I'm being kind of a jerk is amazing and endearing to me, and it makes me very much want to be the kind of man who is worthy of such patience.

2 Comments:

At 6:26 PM, Blogger Shayna Willis said...

Totally get what you're saying. Glad you could admit it. The commitment thing eventually goes away. :-)

 
At 8:46 AM, Blogger crazykarl7 said...

Men are ALWAYS right Dave..unless of course it has to do with feelings or something like that. Then we are almost always wrong. I say almost because there is always a possibility..no matter how remote that we may actually be right. In those few instances there is much rejoicing. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home