Thursday, November 03, 2005

Rumors Of My Death Have Been Greatly Exaggerated...

My apologies to anyone who might have been concerned about my well-being due to my lack of blogitude. I'm skipping lunch so that I can remedy the situation. Hope you're happy. ;-)

Weblog of Love goes to... Jacque Holton! Jacque was a beloved fixture at Fairfax before she answered the calling to go teach in Abilene Christian University's study abroad program at Oxford. I first met Jacque when I was working as a youth ministry intern at Fairfax while she was still in high school. Luckily, she chose to come out to Abilene Christian University and i was able to keep up with her on-and-off over the years until she moved back up to the DC area after finishing her Masters program. She's a truly amazing person. Smart, pretty, and an engaging conversationalist, Jacque is also a wonderful example of how God can use Christians to bless and encourage others. She has a wonderful heart for other people, but also has a secret mischevious aspect to her personality that I never would have expected! Jacque, we miss you much and we hope that you won't stay in England forever - even though we greatly enjoy reading the accounts of your adventures that you post on englishhistory.blogspot.com!

I also have to follow up the kind words that Shayna (Carl also gets vicarious credit) and Odgie have offered. You guys are such incredible friends! You can't know how blessed I feel that God has brought you into my life. Every week I get excited to spend time with you at small group. Each of you have made such a tremendous impact on my life and on the lives of all of us privileged to count you as friends. I can't say enough how much I appreciate you and what your friendship and encouragement means to me. I love you guys!

Two more things to note briefly. I will be posting my thoughts on the previous blog sometime soon. You guys had some great things to say and I'm looking forward to continuing the conversation. Second, I'd like to point folks to my friend Sweetbaby James's blog, ilovesickpeople.blogspot.com, where he's opening a conversation about the Trinity. Dive in!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home