Friday, June 16, 2006

Amazing Article

I've always been a fan of Tony Dungy, the head coach of the Indianapolis Colts. Ever since he was coaching the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, I've thought that he exuded knowledge, class, and a connection with his players that went well beyond football. Last winter, in the midst of an absolutely incredible season, Coach Dungy's oldest son committed suicide. An article posted today on ESPN.com offers an in-depth look at how Coach Dungy has relied on his faith in God to get through the unbelievable pain of that loss. It is the most impressive discussion of the power of God to comfort and heal that I have ever seen in a major secular publication. I highly recommend it.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/feature/featureVideo?page=amazinggrace

1 Comments:

At 12:23 PM, Blogger Leann said...

Strangely enough I just finished reading this article right before I saw your post. I still get tears in my eyes when I read about Jamie's death, but a smile always crosses my face when I read how phenomenally Tony has dealt with it. My thoughts and prayers still go out to them all the time, especially Lauren. The entire Dungy family has always been remarkable to me how much love they have for each other and their community.

God's power and strength really accomplishes anything when you allow Him to handle things for you. Thanks for posting this. I wanted to post the entire article on my blog, but maybe I'll just post a link to your blog to go check it out. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home