Wednesday, April 19, 2006

A Chance To See Me In Action

For those of you who didn't know, I found out Monday that I would have to fly to Nashville on Tuesday to offer testimony on an eminent domain bill that the Tennessee Senate Judiciary committee was considering. Of course, y'all know that I jump at any opportunity to go back to Tennessee. Luckily for anyone who was ever curious to see me actually at work, the Tennessee Legislature keeps online streaming video archives of its committee meetings. Go to www.legislature.state.tn.us, click on "Senate" at the left hand side of the page, then "Video Streaming". Under the "Video" option, look at the "Committees" options on the right. Select "Jud. 04/18/06" and it should open up a media viewer that will run the video. My testimony begins at 1:28:45 [[you can fast forward to that spot by adjusting the slider-you don't have to watch from the beginning]] and runs for about a half-hour.

Also, you might light to check out http://lastcar.blogspot.com/2006/04/ed-and-ij-in-senate.html. I had a nice visit with Tennessee Representative Stacey Campfield (R)-Knoxville, and he posted an entry on his blog about my trip. For the record, I think it's totally cool that a political official is willing to be so public about his opinions and about the wheeling and dealing that all-too-frequently allow our legislatures to sacrifice what is right on the alter of what is politically expedient.

1 Comments:

At 2:56 PM, Blogger Val said...

AWSOME!! I just watched it. You looked great and in control. You definately sounded like you knew what you were talking about and weren't thrown off by any questions or distractions thrown at you. Great job.

So what became of your testiomony?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home