Wednesday, May 03, 2006

NFL Draft Excitement


I don't mind telling you - I'm thrilled with the outcome of last weekend's NFL Draft for my beloved Tennessee Titans. With our first choice, we picked Vince Young, the positively electrifying quarterback who almost singlehandedly carried the University of Texas to two Rose Bowl wins, including last year's magnificent national title game against USC.


In the second round we got LenDale White who, despite some questions about his work ethic, led the nation in touchdowns last season (including three for USC in the aforementioned national title game) and averaged 6.6 yards per carry.

Mark my words: with these two in the backfield, the Titans will be a force to be reckoned with in a couple of years.

P.S. - I'm really glad that the Titans didn't pick up Matt Leinart... and his newly-acquired baggage. (Two words: Paris. Hilton.)

1 Comments:

At 2:10 PM, Blogger crazykarl7 said...

I figured you would be going nuts over the draft. Those are some solid picks. Broncos with Jay Cutler and Javon Walker is a pretty good start as well.

Still can't believe a guy from Abilene Christian got selected in the 2nd round.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home