Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Spring Fever

As my beloved wife will attest (due to my incessant whining), I am no fan of the winter months. I hate cold weather and, unfortunately, the last four years have found me in cities where winters have a way of dragging on... and on... and on.... It hasn't helped at all that this has been Saint Louis's coldest, snowiest winter in some time.

So I am just unspeakably thrilled that it looks like spring--and warmer weather--is just about here. As I was walking to the MetroLink (Saint Louis's light rail) this morning, trees were starting to bud all along the streets. No blossoms yet, but it's plain that there will be soon. And songbirds have been trickling back into the area for the past couple of weeks as well. SPRING IS AROUND THE CORNER, PEOPLE! GET UP AND CELEBRATE!!!

1 Comments:

At 11:25 PM, Blogger crazykarl7 said...

Highs in the low 60s this weekend in East Tennessee.

You know of any good hiking trails? We'll bring more water this time.. ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home