Thursday, January 24, 2008

Bygones

Jenifer and I are h-o-p-e-f-u-l-l-y in the final stages of selling our Washington, DC, condo. A quick word to the wise: Don't try to sell real estate in the middle of the largest housing bust in decades. It's utterly nerve-wracking and you will frequently think of what you might have commanded for your home only months before.

Still, we will come away from this deal in excellent shape compared to the housing-related trials currently being faced by thousands of people across the country. We are very thankful for that and we recognize how blessed we are to have had a home to sell.

As we've been tying up the loose ends so that the sale would be possible, I've been thinking a lot about all the folks back in DC. While I was never a big fan of living in that city, I was also fortunate that God surrounded me with some truly amazing friends. And as much as I am enjoying Saint Louis, I'm finding today that I really miss the Unusual Suspects.

To be sure, I love all of the DC crew from Fairfax and Clarendon and IJ, so I hope no one feels left out or offended, but I'm especially missing Carl, Shayna, Mike, and Christine. You guys are wonderful friends, and Jenifer and I were so enriched by the times that we all spent together. I love reading what all is going on via your blogs, but it's just not the same as hanging out together on a Sunday afternoon or going to movies and concerts together. So without saying too much more, I just want you to know how much I love you guys. You'd better come see us in Saint Louis sometime. Soon.

3 Comments:

At 5:58 PM, Blogger Shayna Willis said...

Awww . . . we'll miss watching the Super Bowl with you guys!

 
At 7:59 PM, Blogger Odgie said...

We love and miss you and Jen. Those were some good times, but they won't be the last. Chris and I will get out that way sooner or later, and when we do you will be the first to know.

 
At 1:04 AM, Blogger crazykarl7 said...

Woo hoo! I was listed first! That means dave and jen miss me the most. I miss you guys too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home