Sunday, December 09, 2007

Long Time Coming

Ladies and Gents... It's been awhile.

For those who have been out of the loop, let me catch you up on things in my world:

I got engaged over Labor Day weekend in 2006 after a comedy of errors in which I broke up with Jenifer, realized my foolishness, and showed her I was serious about becoming the man of her dreams. We were married on May 6, 2007, in a beautiful, outdoor Sunday morning ceremony officiated by my grandfather.

Toward the end of the summer, an opportunity opened up for us to move to Saint Louis, closer to both of our families. As readers of this site will remember, I never really felt cut out for Washington and had always looked forward to the day that I'd be back in the real world. With the chance to start our family close to the Zeigler family's farm and within fairly easy reach of my folks in Tennessee, we knew that this was a great move to make. We left DC in early September and have since been settling into our new jobs and our new home.

While my personal blog has been quiet for some time, part of my job as an analyst with the Show-Me Institute is to regularly post to the organization's blog with my thoughts on various matters of public policy. I can't say that these are as fun as some of my prior posts here on theological matters, but they do tend to rouse debate among the wonky-types in these parts. If you have any interest in state politics, you might want to check it out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home